Population: 30,711. Estimated population in July 2020: 30,987 (+0.9% change)
Males: 15,469 (50.4%), Females: 15,242 (49.6%)
The city of Juneau is located in Borough of Juneau, Alaska. Check Countryaah.com for a full list of boroughs in Alaska.
Median resident age: 35.3 years
Median household income: $62,034
Median house value: $195,100
Races in Juneau and:
- White Non-Hispanic (73.3%)
- American Indian (16.6%)
- Two or more races (6.9%)
- Filipino (3.4%)
- Hispanic (3.4%)
- Other race (1.1%)
- Black (0.8%)
Ancestries: German (18.9%), English (13.1%), Irish (13.0%), Norwegian (5.7%), United States (4.5%), Swedish (3.9%).
Land area: 2716.7 square miles
For population 25 years and over in Juneau and
- High school or higher: 93.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 36.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 13.0%
- Unemployed: 5.4%
- Mean travel time to work: 16.4 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Juneau city and borough
- Never married: 29.1%
- Now married: 54.1%
- Separated: 1.7%
- Widowed: 3.7%
- Divorced: 11.4%
5.7% Foreign born (3.1% Asia, 0.9% Europe, 0.8% North America, 0.8% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +3,677 (+13.6%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Juneau and:
- BARTLETT REGIONAL HOSPITAL (about 3 miles; JUNEAU, AK)
- MT EDGECUMBE HOSPITAL (about 105 miles; SITKA, AK)
- SITKA COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 105 miles; SITKA, AK)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Juneau and:
Other public-use airports nearest to Juneau and:
- JUNEAU HARBOR (about 10 miles; JUNEAU, AK; Abbreviation: 5Z1)
- FUNTER BAY (about 27 miles; FUNTER BAY, AK; Abbreviation: FNR)
- TAKU HARBOR (about 41 miles; TAKU HARBOR, AK; Abbreviation: A43)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Juneau and:
- UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA FAIRBANKS (about 1024 miles; FAIRBANKS, AK; Full-time enrollment: 5,034)
- PENINSULA COLLEGE (about 1043 miles; PORT ANGELES, WA; Full-time enrollment: 2,374)
- WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (about 1062 miles; BELLINGHAM, WA; Full-time enrollment: 11,889)
- WHATCOM COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 1064 miles; BELLINGHAM, WA; Full-time enrollment: 2,656)
- UNIVERSITY OF ALASKA ANCHORAGE (about 1077 miles; ANCHORAGE, AK; Full-time enrollment: 9,453)
- SKAGIT VALLEY COLLEGE (about 1084 miles; MT VERNON, WA; Full-time enrollment: 3,420)
- OLYMPIC COLLEGE (about 1107 miles; BREMERTON, WA; Full-time enrollment: 3,889)
Juneau and compared to Alaska state average:
- Median house value above state average.
- Black race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Hispanic race population percentage significantly below state average.
- Foreign-born population percentage significantly below state average.
- Population density significantly below state average for cities.